The Institute for College Access & Success (TICAS) is a national nonprofit based in Oakland, CA, and Washington, D.C. We are a trusted source of research, design, and advocacy for student-centered public policies that promote affordability, accountability, and racial equity in higher education. Our staff combines expertise in research and data, laws and regulations, change management, and the policymaking process.
We nurture close relationships with policymakers, providing specific recommendations and help them navigate legal, budgetary, and political hurdles. We build momentum for new policies by building diverse coalitions of advocates and constituents and by driving media coverage. We pride ourselves on the impact of our work and are known for our reliable research, carefully designed policy recommendations, and partnerships with policymakers and advocates. For more information, please visit the website: www.ticas.org.
The person in this role will help build and maintain a high-quality operational infrastructure at TICAS. The senior associate will assume operational responsibility across a range of organizational tasks, as outlined below.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Make recommendations, and help implement changes, for organizational performance improvement across all areas of operations.
- Support the hiring process at TICAS by posting open positions, help screen candidates, set up interviews and support the subsequent planning and onboarding of new employees.
- Ensure all TICAS’s employee records are maintained and updated in a timely manner.
- Provide administrative support for the Chief Operating Officer across a range of organizational activities.
- Process all contract agreements for TICAS and maintain accurate records on an ongoing basis.
- Maintain an accurate database of TICAS’s participation in external panels and events.
- Support organizational planning processes, as needed.
- Undertake key administrative tasks necessary for the smooth operation of TICAS
- Provide feedback on organizational policies and procedures and ensure they are kept up to date, maintained and communicated, as needed.
- Schedule, organize, and develop plans for meetings to support members of TICAS’s executive team.
- Assist the Director of Finance with key operational activities, as needed.
- Ensure the accurate recording of leave and sick time for all employees.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- Associate’s degree, plus minimum of four years’ experience working in an operational support role.
- Exceptional attention to detail and commitment to continuous improvement.
- Excellent communication skills, including both in writing and speaking.
- Comfort working both independently and collaboratively
- Can balance both short- and longer-term priorities
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
TICAS is committed to sustaining a diverse community with a work environment that is welcoming, respectful, and encouraging to all. TICAS fosters a culture of inclusion that celebrates and cultivates diversity along multiple dimensions, including race, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin, socioeconomic status, religion, culture, and experience.
TICAS strongly encourages applicants from diverse and historically underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience; excellent benefits
Candidates should submit a brief cover letter (no more than one page) and resume to:
Patricia Balana, firstname.lastname@example.org.
In your cover letter (no more than one page), please include:
- Why you are passionate about TICAS’ mission
- How you believe you are the right fit for this position
Please include two professional references.