Location: Based in Oakland, CA or Washington, DC
Reports To: Associate Director of Operations
FLSA Status: Full-time/Exempt
The Institute for College Access & Success (TICAS) is a national nonprofit based in Oakland, CA, and Washington, DC. We are a trusted source of research, design, and advocacy for student-centered public policies that promote affordability, accountability, and racial equity in higher education. Our staff combines expertise in research and data, laws and regulations, change management, and the policymaking process.
We nurture close relationships with policymakers, providing specific recommendations and help them navigate legal, budgetary, and political hurdles. We build momentum for new policies by building diverse coalitions of advocates and constituents and by driving media coverage. We pride ourselves on the impact of our work and are known for our reliable research, carefully designed policy recommendations, and partnerships with policymakers and advocates. For more information, please visit the website: www.ticas.org
This position supports and coordinates the behind-the-scenes mechanisms that promote a seamless TICAS staff experience and foster an inclusive, connected culture.
- Plan and execute staff recognition efforts, celebrations of staff milestones, and staff connection activities
- Schedule/coordinate staff meetings, trainings, and retreats
- Support HR-related initiatives
- Support knowledge management initiatives including organization and upkeep of Sharepoint documents and folders
Staff Transition Coordination
- Schedule hiring interviews, including travel arrangements as needed
- Coordinate and execute onboarding and offboarding activities, including tech, supply, and space issues
- Manage use of office spaces, including schedules of hoteling spaces as needed
- Process mail and packages
- Keep staff informed about office-related issues
- Order supplies for office and kitchen spaces
- Alert maintenance of space-related problems
- Coordinate space and technology needs for staff and events
- Provide basic troubleshooting of IT issues and escalation to IT vendor
Board Meeting Support
- Schedule/coordinate board meetings and travel
- Assemble digital and print materials for board meetings
- Provide day-of logistical support for virtual and in-person board meetings
General Administrative Support
- Process accounts payable and accounts receivable as directed
- Other administrative project support as needed
- Travel up to 10% of time for office/event support and team/staff meetings
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong customer service orientation and relationship building skills.
- Excellent at working in a team and independently.
- Exceptional attention to detail and commitment to continuous improvement.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
TICAS is committed to sustaining a diverse community with a work environment that is welcoming, respectful, and encouraging to all. TICAS fosters a culture of inclusion that celebrates and cultivates diversity along multiple dimensions, including race, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin, socioeconomic status, religion, culture, and experience.
TICAS strongly encourages applicants from diverse and historically underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Compensation: $55,000 – $65,000, depending on experience
Candidates should submit a brief cover letter (no more than one page) and resume to: email@example.com.
In your cover letter (no more than one page), please include:
- Why you are passionate about TICAS’ mission
- How your background and experience make you the right fit for this position
- Please include two professional or academic references.