TICAS seeks an Executive Assistant to support the Office of the President. The postholder will also support the Communications Office. It is anticipated that the postholder’s time will be evenly split between the President’s Office and the Communications Office.
Working directly with the President, the Executive Assistant provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Office of the President. The Executive Assistant also serves as a liaison to the Board of Directors and executive team.
The postholder will report directly to the President.
Executive Assistant Support:
- Manage and co-ordinate the President’s calendar and scheduling commitments
- Serve as the President’s administrative liaison to TICAS’ Board of Directors and lead the planning and coordination for quarterly board meetings
- Prepare meeting materials, attending board meetings, drafting meeting minutes, and handling related issues as they arise
- Assist Board Members with travel arrangements, lodging, and meal planning, as needed
- Support the President drafting talking points, producing first drafts of written products such as op-eds, and briefings for meetings and other events
- Support the President manage funder relationships, draft outline grant proposals and reports, and manage grant life cycle benchmarks, including reports and deliverables
- Monitor and analyze regulatory and legislative developments and ensure effective communication across the organization
- Assist in notetaking for all team meetings and bi-weekly staff meetings
- Assist in the execution of TICAS’ social media strategy
- Conduct daily news search for relevant articles, assemble and distribute news clips as directed by the Director of Communications
- Maintain master file of news clips and generate clip counts for grant reports
- Assist with the scheduling of press interviews, as directed
- Maintain press lists and help strengthen relationships with key reporters and news outlets
- Update and maintain TICAS’s websites
- Assist in the editing and distribution of press releases and other publications.
- Other duties as necessary
Required Skills and Abilities:
The Executive Assistant must be creative and enjoy working within a environment that is mission-driven, results-driven and community oriented. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
- You have a passion for mission-driven environment
- A desire to reduce structural inequality and racial disparities
- You have an interest in higher education policy/research
- You are excellent at working in a team and independently
- You have an exceptional attention to detail
- You are able to use your informal authority to get things done well
- You have the ability to coordinate and be accountable for multiple tasks
- You have excellent communication skills
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at TICAS:
TICAS is committed to sustaining a diverse community with a work environment that is welcoming, respectful, and encouraging to all. TICAS fosters a culture of inclusion that celebrates and cultivates diversity along multiple dimensions, including race, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin, socioeconomic status, religion, culture, and experience.
TICAS strongly encourages applicants from diverse and historically underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
Compensation: commensurate with experience; excellent benefits.
Application process: Candidates should submit a brief cover letter and resume to: https://airtable.com/shrRSyNM9vs3gQIwF.
In your cover letter, please include:
- Why you are passionate about TICAS’ mission
- How you believe you are the right fit for this position
Please include two professional references.