March 2016 Update: Please see this page for the most recent version of proposal for risk sharing and rewards
This white paper calls for major changes to federal student aid, including Pell Grants, student loans, and tax benefits, with the goals of increasing college affordability and completion. More than two dozen recommendations would simplify the financial aid system, from applying for aid to repaying student loans; better target resources; reduce waste and fraud; and align incentives for colleges with better outcomes for students.
One-page summaries of white paper recommendations:
- Improving federal student loans for undergraduates
- Helping students make wise borrowing choices and repay federal loans
- Risk sharing and rewards for colleges
- February 2016 Update: Please see this page for the most recent version of proposal for risk sharing and rewards
- Streamline and improve the targeting of education tax benefits